Need help: Lost keyboard after xorg upgrade

Michael auslands-kv at gmx.de
Tue Aug 10 07:50:24 PDT 2010

Peter Hutterer wrote:

> At this point, I'm running out of ideas though. if you see the events
> leaving the kernel evdev should just work, especially given that if this
> was a common bug _a lot_ of people would be affected.
> I don't have any other ideas than attaching gdb to the server and seeing
> where the events disappear. EvdevReadInput() is the first function to be
> called, from then on it's tracing it through the driver and server to see
> where they disappear.
>
> Cheers,
>   Peter

Thank you so much for your help. At least my system is running now, even if
it is without evdev. And that is the most important part for me.

I'm afraid running a GDB on the xserver is somewhat above my expertise. But
maybe I go and file a bug on the bug tracker, so that a developer can have a
look at it.

Best regards

Michael