[evdev+touchscreen] BTN_TOUCH not treated as left click

_ Javi _ javi at gsmlandia.com
Wed Aug 4 03:59:13 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to make a GeneralTouch USB touchscreen to work with evdev
driver. After some calibration, drag events work well, but when I tap
on the screen the "Touch" event is detected but it's not treated as a
left click and the mouse cursor doesn't move at all.

Here is the event sequence when I tap the screen:

$ evtest /dev/input/event3
Input driver version is 1.0.0
Input device ID: bus 0x3 vendor 0xdfc product 0x1 version 0x305
Input device name: "USB Touchscreen 0dfc:0001"
Supported events:
 Event type 0 (Sync)
 Event type 1 (Key)
   Event code 330 (Touch)
 Event type 3 (Absolute)
   Event code 0 (X)
     Value      0
     Min        0
     Max    32767
   Event code 1 (Y)
     Value      0
     Min        0
     Max    32767
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)
Event: type 3 (Absolute), code 0 (X), value 1773
Event: type 3 (Absolute), code 1 (Y), value 1186
Event: -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: type 1 (Key), code 330 (Touch), value 1
Event: -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: type 1 (Key), code 330 (Touch), value 0

The event is also detectd with xinput
$ xinput --test "USB Touchscreen 0dfc:0001"
button press 1
button release 1

How can I bind such event to behave like a left click?

Used versions:
X.Org X Server 1.7.6
xf86-input-evdev 2.4.0

Thanks.