[drm] drmOpen failed; MACH64(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit Failed

lesliek at ozemail.com.au lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 3 22:27:14 PDT 2010

Thanks for replying, Corbin.

Unfortunately, I haven't got the technical knowledge to understand your reply.

Could I just ask this?

Right now, the log tells me that "ModulePath [is] set to '/usr/lib/X11/modules'".

There's a Modules section in my xorg.conf file that lists five modules, "extmod",
"dbe", "glx", "freetype" and "dri". Four of those are in
/usr/lib/X11/modules/extensions, while one is in /usr/lib/X11/modules/fonts.

The file mach64_dri.so is in /usr/lib/dri.

Is there any chance that I could copy /dri/mach64_dri.so to /usr/lib/X11/modules
and then add the file's name to the Modules section in my xorg.conf file? Or was
your reply telling me in effect that that's what I can't do?

Thanks again,

Leslie

To see papers written by me on, among other things, literary allusions in
Australian reasons for judgment, start here:
http://ssrn.com/author=1164057

To see photos taken by me of, among other things, Sydney now (as well as
comparative photos taken by others of Sydney then), start here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23623601@N03/sets/72157604225021655/

On Wed Aug  4 14:54 , Corbin Simpson  sent:

>The DRI drivers are userspace. The DRM component for mach64, a kernel driver,
isn't included in the standard Linux kernel. You are probably on your own as far
as obtaining and building it.