remapping keys on a SPECIFIC USB keyboard

Dirk Hohndel hohndel at infradead.org
Tue Apr 27 15:49:39 PDT 2010

I use my laptop in several different locations - in one of them the
keyboard that I connect to it is an Apple keyboard that has Alt_L and
Multi_key (aka, Windows key but in that case, Option and Meta) reversed
compared to all of my other keyboards. So instead of Ctrl, Multi_key,
Alt_L as the three keys next to each other, I get Ctrl, Alt_L,
Multi_key.

Needless to say, this is a real pain for "muscle memory" when typing.

Is there a way to configure X to detect when this specific keyboard is
connected (it identifies itself as Apple keyboard) and to remap those
two keys?

Thanks

/D

--