r128 on freebsd powerpc will not work

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 00:10:44 PDT 2010

On 04/25/2010 11:28 PM, Super Biscuit wrote:

> [...]

first thing I see:

Parse error on line 6 of section ServerLayout in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
	"AllowEmptyInput" is not a valid keyword in this section.

seems you have it set wrong in xorg.conf
my xorg.conf has that entry like this:

Section "ServerFlags"
         Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
EndSection

second issue that I see is this:
root at dynode.isc.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC powerpc

you shouldn't start the xserver as root(vary unsafe, and also might
be causing issues).

hope this helps.

Justin P. Mattock