suggestions about 2d accelerating X/Xfbdev

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Mon Apr 19 09:27:59 PDT 2010

Twas brillig at 18:22:42 19.04.2010 UTC+02 when xenogenesi at virgilio.it
did gyre and gimble:

 A> Currently I'm planning to accelerate Xfbdev using
 A> KdCardFuncs/initAccel family , something like ephyr code does where
 A> fake exa.  Instead, if I've seen correctly, with X should be used
 A> DGAFunctionRec on a new driver.

The better long-term idea is to avoid Xfbdev and use Xfree86 + new
driver, based on fbdev.

There were measurements of memory usage by Xfbdev and Xfree86 recently,
the difference is small (~1.5Mb of RAM). And better, this gap shrinks,
as there is work underway in Xfree86 to make it consume less memory.

--
  http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/