multiple monitors configuration without proprietary driver

Christian Leber christian at leber.de
Mon Apr 12 14:41:52 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:28:43AM +0100, Luis Alberto Padr?n Hern?ndez wrote:

Hi Luis

> Here it is my last doubt. I would like one monitor to act like the main one
> (with the gnome panels, and the login screen and so on) because it has more
> qualitiy (the DVI one), but it just happen to be the other one which behaves
> like this. I have tried to change orders in xorg.conf but nothing. Do you know
> how to change that?

1.) you can change the place of the gnome panels (go to the preferences of the
    panel and deactivate expat, then you can move the panel around)
2.) when there is a visible quality difference between D-Sub and DVI you should
    consider a another gfx card. Some Radeon >= r300 (better r500) card
    should be possible to find on ebay.es for like 10 to 20 EUR.
    (at least on ebay.de there is such stuff in masses) Well, a new HD4350 is also
    pretty cheap and will just work.

Regards
Christian

--