Xephyr

Nokan Emiro uzleepito at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 12:57:04 PDT 2010

  Hi,

I use Xephyr to connect to a remote Linux using XDMCP.
Most of the time it works fine, but sometimes it happens
something nasty.  Maybe I push a wrong key combinations,
or so, but the keyboard goes mad.  It looks like I switch
on a special mode, and I can switch it off if I press
LeftShift + LeftCtrl + LeftWindowsKey + LeftAlt + F2
at the same time.  (Maybe it works with  "... + F1" too.)
If Xephyr is in the wrong stage, my window manager is
not getting the Alt+F1, Alt+F2, ... events.  (The window
manager does an XGrabKey() on them...)

It is possible to rise this situation artifically if I press
the Shift+Alt+Win+Ctrl+F2.  I'm sure it's a Xephyr
problem, because if I use VNC instead of XDMCP to
connect to the remote Linux, I'm not able to
reproduce the problem.

I use the
      -keybd ephyr,,,xkbmodel=evdev

params on Xephyr because of other keyboard problems.
This param was an earlier advice on this list to solve other
keyboard problems.

Could You please suggest me something to eliminate this
effect?

u.