Problems with xrandr using xorg-server 1.8.0 with Intel graphics

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Fri Apr 9 00:34:56 PDT 2010

I'm having problems with external output of my laptop after I've upgraded to
xserver 1.8.0. I can turn on the VGA1 output, but I cannot properly turn it
off - the X system gets frozen (screen gets blank, mouse pointer doesn't
move, keyboard is not responding). I am able to reboot my laptop thanks to
acpi event. There is not a single trace in log files.

Yesterday I got a situation, in which after turning on VGA1 output and
opening kaffeine (XV output used), in a console I got a message saying
something like, that (probably) intel driver was not able to allocate
something and that I should expect lags or even frozen display, but today I
was not able to reproduce it in any way (therefore I'm not pasting the exact
message here), so that might have been just a coincidence.

In the same time, everything works well on xserver 1.7.6. I'm using intel
graphics driver 2.11.0, Mesa 7.8.1, libdrm 2.4.20, kernel 2.6.33.2.

Does anyone have any idea, what can be wrong and how to fix it?

--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\