Getting key codes of remote controls handled in X just using evdev and not LIRC

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Apr 7 16:59:41 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 01:51:28AM +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.04.2010, 16:11 +1000 schrieb Peter Hutterer:
>
> […]
>
> > play and pause should work though, to name the two examples. they certainly
> > work well enough on my multimedia keyboards, so I don't see why the remote
> > should be much different.
> > For this issue, it's probably best to file a bug with all logs attached so
> > we can have a look at what's going wrong.
>
> Thank you for your reply. Is there a list of what logs are needed to
> debug such issues.
>
> • /var/log/Xorg.log

that's the most important one, xorg.conf is helpful if you have one and for
servers up to including 1.7 the output of lshal can be required too
(depending on the issue, not in your case).
Keyboard issues often need the keymap too (xkbcomp -xkb $DISPLAY -)
Finally, the output of evtest against the device file when you hit the keys
in question.

Cheers,
  Peter