How X works / lightest Window Manager

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Tue Sep 29 05:43:39 PDT 2009

Hi Lucas,

> defining secure: I will show the Window Manager with an GUI on it, this GUI
> will open the Firefox. Just it. I must avoid users to accessing shell,
> quitting X and everything else. The minimun resolution is 800x600.
Perhaps you can get away without a window manager at all? Not really sure how
that works though.

Also, if you want something to browse the web, but not do anything else,
perhap you can use uzbl instead of firefox. It's a minimalistic browser that
does not offer fancy stuff like firefox (which can probably be misused to do
other stuff that you don't want). Even then, it might still not be 100%
secure, but probably a lot closer.

Gr.

Matthijs