Xephyr 1.6.3 -parent argument broken (works in 1.4.2)

Vic Lee llyzs at 163.com
Thu Sep 24 09:54:05 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have an application that need to use Xephyr -parent argument to embed
it into the window created by the application. It was working fine when
I am using 1.4.2 (debian lenny), but recently I upgrade to 1.6.3
(squeeze) and it no longer works. the window does not get embed, and it
even looks screwy. Downgrade only xserver-xephyr package to 1.4.2 works
again.

I tried both 1.6.3 and 1.6.3.901. no luck. haven't try 1.6.99 yet. Do
you think it's necessary to try 1.6.99 (I doubt it because I don't see
any commits related to Xephyr in git)

Please help. Thanks.

Vic