problem with starting with xinit

Wed Sep 23 00:07:52 PDT 2009

Hi all,

i have a problem to start Xorg with my other programs with xinit. before
i have updated to the new xorg-server with needed libs, protos etc.
xorg-server has startet with xinit in 1-2 seconds. now starting xorg
needs about 15 seconds. this problem i have some weeks.

i use xinit-1.1.1

my xserverrc:

   #!/bin/sh

   . /etc/sysconfig

   args="-s 0 -br -allowMouseOpenFail "

   mkdir -p /var/cache/xkb
   exec /usr/bin/X :0.0 vt$TTY ${args} > /dev/null 2>&1

my xinitrc:

   #!/bin/sh

   . /etc/sysconfig

   for file in /etc/xinitrc.d/* ; do
     . ${file}
   done

where ${file} starts my programs.

i start xinit with:  xinit $XINITRC -- $XSERVERRC > /dev/null 2>&1
when i am start

/usr/bin/X :0.0 vt01 -s 0 -br -allowMouseOpenFail & sleep 2 &&
/usr/bin/my_sript

the xorg starts in 1-2 seconds and my script 2 seconds later (because of
the "sleep" that i need to let xorg-server starts)

what can i do to see what is wrong? can i start xorg without xinit and
without a sleep, so my script starts directly when the xorg-server is up
(i need a very very fast start - my goal is a <5sec. start from grub to
my application)?

--
               ### OpenELEC.tv ###
The free and open Mediacenter Distribution 4 you