Writing a xorg driver for OTI-64111, looking for documentation on OTI-088

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Tue Sep 22 13:12:26 PDT 2009

After a lot of googling, I found a PDF file of a photocopy of a
datasheet for the OAK 64107 graphics chipset, which seems very similar
to the 64111 that I have. With this, the OAK.TXT file from the VGADOC
zipfile floating around the net, and examination of register settings on
the card itself, I have managed to write a basic driver that can switch
into 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit modes without help from the VESA
BIOS. The supported resolutions are up to 832x624 pixels.

Now, I know that the chipset can do at least 1024x768 non-interlaced,
because I remember seeing this resolution back when the target machine
ran Windows 95 (it now runs updated Fedora 10). However, I still don't
know how to set the supposed higher pixel clock speeds required for
1024x768 and beyond. The 64107 datasheet says the clock chip is an
OTI-088, so I am looking for documentation on this chip. Does any of you
have this datasheet? I have tried the Wayback site but to no avail.

--
perl -e '$x=2.3;printf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'