Issues with X Server Compilation on Virtual box

mrinal nargunde mrunalnargunde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 03:11:23 PDT 2009

We are undergraduate students trying to install X Server on virtual box.
We have installed all required packages. After running the startx command,
we got the following error in the log:

(++) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> dlopen: /opt/MPX//lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vboxvideo_drv.so: undefined
> symbol: resVgaShared
> (EE) Failed to load /opt/MPX//lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vboxvideo_drv.so
> (EE) Failed to load module "vboxvideo" (loader failed, 7)
> (EE) No drivers available.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

To get the vboxvideo driver, we also compiled virtualbox and did a symbolic
link to the certain .so drivers... But it din't help.

I'll be obliged with any help on this. Thanks.

--
Take care and Keep caring,
Pratik :)