xinerama/xrandr

Daniel techknow at internalkernel.com
Sat Sep 12 20:11:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to find some more information on all this... From what
I've read, xinerama is deprecated in favor of xrandr. But, xrandr
doesn't support multiple GPUs?

I have 3 monitors (two side monitors being rotated 90 degrees), two
Nvidia GPUs... and so far the only way to get them functioning is
through xinerama. I'd like to get away from xinerama as it doesn't seem
to allow for 3D...

Is it possible to use xrandr in this configuration? If it is, can some
one point me in that direction? I've been all over google, and really...
am just more confused.

Thanks in advance...
Daniel