dead space elimination

Jozef Riha jose1711 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 13:34:48 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Jozef Riha <jose1711 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,
>
> recently i bought an external monitor to plug it into my laptop
> running arch linux. the resolution on the external display is however
> different (larger) to the one on the laptop. i dislike panning idea
> and the need of searching the mouse in dead space is really
> frustrating.
>
> does anybody know if there will be a way in a future to restrict mouse
> movement in a non-rectangular area, that is: disallow it to enter dead
> space area? i'm able to support the development via paypal.
>
> cheers,
>
> joe

until it is solved i'm going to live with this:

difference_in_vertical_resolutions=132; x_resolution=1024; while sleep
0.4; do xwarppointer get | ( read x y; if [ $x -lt ${x_resolution} -a
$y -lt ${difference_in_vertical_resolutions} ]; then xwarppointer
abspos $x ${difference_in_vertical_resolutions}; fi); done

it takes some cpu power + does not accurately mimic windows xp
behaviour but still better than nothing..

joe