laptop/graphics card to HP DreamColor LP2480ZX

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Sep 7 12:46:32 PDT 2009

Hello,

has anyone sucessfully connected the DreamColor device with 10-bit/channel
to a laptop? I would like to work and demo the HP on its full
capabilities.

What I have read on HP's monitor page is that simply HDMI 1.3 or
preferedly a DisplayPort 1.1 connector is needed to drive the device at
10-bit. There is no compatibility hardware list to tell more if something
is against a recent AMD or Nvidia. So I simply assume the HP will work
flawlessly at 10-bits with any new hardware at least in OpenGL views.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management