Xlib: connection to "sr1-ubur-20:34.0" refused by server

Fri Oct 23 09:00:52 PDT 2009

Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 11:36 -0400, Ethan Mallove wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It seems I suddenly can not access my own DISPLAY. All X applications
>> now error out with the following, e.g.,
>>
>>  $ xterm
>>  Xlib: connection to "sr1-ubur-20:34.0" refused by server
>>  Xlib: No protocol specified
>>  xterm Xt error: Can't open display: sr1-ubur-20:34.0
>
> try export DISPLAY=:0

That only helps when the display you want is :0 - in this case, :34
is probably right, since he's using a Sun Ray system.   (Think of it
as a massively multiseat setup - with possibly hundreds of users &
X servers running on a single computer.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com