pixman and perl

Dan dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Thu Oct 22 21:23:38 PDT 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:54:49 +0200, John Taylor <pi00100100 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to manually build X.org, but I'm stuck with pixman. It says
> it needs perl, but I really don't want perl on my system (I hate it). Is
> there any known workaround? Either disabling pixman or perl dependency
> for example?

Interesting.

Personally, I don't like Python. That is to say, I've learned a bit of
Python, and I don't like programming in it. But as Python is used by my
distribution's package management system ( Gentoo ), I have Python
installed on my system, and I've never really thought more about it.

What did Perl do to you anyway? Just curious.

Dan