pointer problem with Xfbdev/tslib

Raffaele BELARDI raffaele.belardi at st.com
Wed Oct 14 00:54:08 PDT 2009

I'm using Xfbdev from xorg-server-1.5.3 on a custom embedded ARM
platform, with the in-kernel AD7846 touchscreen driver. The pointer
displays fine and can be dragged around the screen without problems but
as soon as I release the pressure the pointer moves to some 'random'
position typically near the bottom left side of the screen. Using the
tslib utilities (ts_test, ts_calibrate) there is no such problem, so it
seems Xfbdev-related.

I have done some source-level debugging on the Xfbdev but I am not at
all familiar with this monster so I'd like some user opinion before I
pollute the developer list.

The Xfbdev command is:

Xfbdev -nolisten inet6 -kb -screen 480x272 -mouse tslib,,device=/dev/event1

I modified kmode.c to support the above resolution. This is a slightly
patched version of xorg-server, build in buildroot environment.

Has anybody seen the same problem?

thanks,

raffaele