Xinerama breaks randr config?

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu
Thu Oct 8 19:29:26 PDT 2009

Dear all,

as a temporary workaround, I am trying to set up the following config:

(from left to right)

Monitor 1 - SyncMaster 214T (with broken DDC) - connected to RS690
Monitor 2 - SyncMaster 205BW - connected to FireMV 2200 PCI
Monitor 3 - SyncMaster 152v - connected to FireMV 2200 PCI

Without Xinerama, this works fine:
Monitor 2 and 3 are combined into a single, big desktop, and
Monitor 1 is available LeftOf them. Mouse can move over, windows can't.

If I enable Xinerama, the configuration of Monitor 3 is broken: it is no
longer merged into a single big desktop with Monitor 2 (as without
Xinerama), but it looks like a moving window, which follows the movement
of the mouse over Monitor 2.

Since the Xrandr extension is disabled, I can not influence the randr
configuration of monitor 2 and 3; I can only put config data in
xorg.conf, which I did, and it works find without xinerama, but xinerama
seems to break it somehow.

    * * *

I have atteched the xorg.conf (both with and without xinerama) and the
resulting X log (both with and without xinerama.)

Could someone please tell me what's wrong, and how can I fix it?

Thank you for your help:

    Kristof Csillag