radeon, screen option

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu
Thu Oct 8 18:26:24 PDT 2009

Dear Timothy,

Since the 3 monitors are connected to 2 different he GPUs, randr alone
can not solve my problem. Randr only works for monitors connected to a
single GPU: to combine different GPUs into one big desktop, one needs
Xinerama. (Or something like that.) So randr trickery is insufficient here.

Thank you anyway:

       Kristof

ps. The FireMV 2400 also contains two different GPUs, so even if it
worked (which it currently does not), you still couldn't configure more
than two monitors into one big desktop without Xinerama.