[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.9.0

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Oct 8 08:58:51 PDT 2009

Excerpts from Bryce Harrington's message of Wed Oct 07 12:27:46 -0700 2009:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 08:10:06PM -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> > Release 2.9.0 (2009-09-28)
> > ==========================
> > We are pleased to announce the 2.9.0 release of the xf86-video-intel
> > driver. (If you have been following along at home, this release is
> > identical to the 2.8.99.902 release candidate other than the version
> > number).
>
> Btw, it appears the link on this page needs updated for 2.9.0:
>
> http://www.x.org/wiki/IntelGraphicsDriver

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that page before---our current release
instructions don't suggest updating this.

I've updated the page for now, but not the instructions yet.

The one question I have is whether there's any content there that
really needs to be on the wiki. Much of the page seems to duplicate
content already on http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org .

Can anybody give me a reason we shouldn't just ensure that all of the
content is on http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org and just make the wiki
page point to that?

-Carl