PS/2 mouse via USB adaptor not properly configured

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at t-online.de
Wed Oct 7 23:40:20 PDT 2009

On 10/08/09 06:06, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> [.. skip ]
>
>> (WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
>> (WW) Disabling Keyboard0
>> (WW) Disabling TrackmanFX
>
>     ^^^
>
> the devices are added by HAL, the configuration option is ignored. Either
> set AutoAddDevices to "off" in the server layout section or configure
> through HAL. See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration

Using "AutoAddDevices false" these warnings disappear. AngleOffset works
now, but the scroll wheel emulation still doesn't. And it breaks DontZap,
too :-(.

xev shows that button 8 does not produce any events, even if I comment out
the scroll wheel emulation. I tried another Trackman FX for verification,
so I doubt that this is a hardware problem.

Here is the current mouse entry in xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier "TrackmanFX"
	Driver "mouse"
	Option "CorePointer"