VAAPI support question

Manu eallaud at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:53:05 PDT 2009

Le 07/10/2009 13:46:23, Matt Turner a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Manu <eallaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> >        Hi all,
> > I would like to know if the g965 chip support vaapi or any serious
> > video decoding at all. If not what would it take to port what
> already
> > exists for other chips (I think G45 does suppport video decoding).
>
> OK. Do you mean "does the 965 _hardware_ support video decoding?" or
> do you mean "does the 965 _driver_ support video decoding?"?

Well I guess that 965 is able to support at least partially the video
decoding (its either hardwired or using shaders, i dont remember), but
yes the real question is: do 965 hardware and software support video
decoding. If only the hardware can do as I fear, what is needed (like
port some shaders programs) to enable the software driver to do at
least part of the video decoding (by which I mean: mpeg2-4 and others
if possible).
Thx
Bye
Manu