Xserver 1.7 and Xinerama/xrandr

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Tue Oct 6 13:18:58 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I've just finished a looong recompile of quite a lot of things in order
to run the 1.7 Xserver release. Now everything works fine again, with
one exception: my Gnome desktop has partly lost its dual-screen
awareness. The two screens are configured correctly on login, however,
notifications now suddenly pop up in the center of the virtual screen
again instead of in the center of the focused screen. This is somewhat
annoying, as they are split across both displays. Also, the panel now
extends across both screens instead of the primary only. However, when I
maximize a window, it only covers one physical display as it's supposed
to..

xrandr shows:

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2680 x 1050, maximum 2680 x 1050
VGA-0 connected 1280x1024+1400+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 376mm x 301mm
   1280x1024      60.0*+
   1280x960       60.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        59.9
LVDS connected 1400x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
287mm x 215mm
   1400x1050      60.0*+   50.0
   1280x1024      59.9     60.0
   1280x960       59.9
   1280x854       59.9
   1280x800       59.8
   1280x720       59.9
   1152x768       59.8
   1024x768       60.0     59.9
   800x600        60.3     59.9
   640x480        59.9     59.4
DVI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

What am I missing here? Or is this entirely a Gnome bug?

Thanks, Yours, Florian
--
0666 - Filemode of the Beast