patch: add support for CustomEDID to radeon

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu
Sun Oct 4 07:02:21 PDT 2009

Alex Deucher wrote:
> Great patch!  thanks for doing this.  I've made some small
> improvements to it.  Please test this patch and let me know
Eventually I got around testing your patch.
Sorry for the delay.

   * * *

Unfortunately, your current version does not seem to make it work: the
option is recognized, the custom EDID is loaded, but the monitor is still
not detected & activated.

I have attached the resulting Xorg.log from a run with your version
(current GIT master + the patch you have sent), and an other with my version
(6.12.3 + the patch I have sent.)

As far as I can tell from a quick glimpse on the log, the problem might come
from the fact the your version still tries to use DDC to detect the presence
of the monitor, which fails for my flaky Samsung hardware.

If you send me a new version, I will try my best to test it in a timely
manner.

Thank you:

     Kristof