ANN: xterm patch #249
dickey at radix.net
Thu Oct 1 18:12:20 PDT 2009
Patch #249 - 2009/10/1
* change default for allowWindowOps resource to false.
* add limit-checks for result of visual_width() function, needed from
patch #242 and exposed by #244 changes (Debian #548321).
* improve limit-checks in select/paste.
* fix a remaining bug from patch #230 changes for displaying
multi-column characters in a proportional font (report by Chris
* add new resource forcePackedFont and menu entry "Packed Font" to
control whether to use the font's minimum (default) or maximum
width when those differ. The workaround which xterm uses to
accommodate proportional fonts is not necessary with certain fonts
such as unifont which happen to store a mixture of multicolumn
glyphs (report by Chris Jones).
* fix an (old) bug which did not restart the timer for blinking text
if the only blinking text was temporarily scrolled out of view,
e.g., using the scrollbar.
* fix an (old) flaw in the delete-line operation where the text which
is scrolled into view while the display is scrolled up was not
* improve delete-line and insert-line operations, retaining selection
when the selection does not intersect the deleted/inserted lines.
* fix an (old) off-by-one error when an application cleared above the
cursor position while the display was scrolled up, that would leave
an extra line of text uncleared.
* fix a similar problem where the double-size attribute would not be
reset when clearing the screen while the display was scrolled up.
* fix an indexing error which would occur if an application cleared a
line while the display was scrolled up and was also in UTF-8 mode
(Redhat #524503). The error was from patch #228 but more
visible after changes from patch #244.
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg