[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.7.2

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Nov 29 20:27:54 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 04:00:49PM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> The second stable update to the X server 1.7 is now available.
>
> Only a few fixes went in since last week's RC2, the most prominent reverting
> a regression. See Bug 25136 for more details.

Please note that the 1.7.2 release has two major issues. An ABI
incompatibility introduced by the above fix and a build error caused by
nested pkg-config directives.

1.7.3 will be out ASAP fixing those two issues, the first of which is
already on the fixing those two issues. Meanwhile, I recommend holding back
updating until 1.7.3 is out.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
  Peter