hibernate, external monitor, color problem

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at eku.edu
Mon Nov 23 07:11:17 PST 2009

Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 12:22 -0500, Tyler Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with my external monitor. If I boot while connected,
>> the everything is fine. However, if I hibernate the laptop while not
>> connected to the external monitor, and then resume after connecting,
>> usually (I can't consistently reproduce the error, it happens more than
>> 50% of the time though) the external monitor color is distorted to be
>> almost illegible - very strong pinks and purples, I can barely make out
>> the windows on the screen and some text. I can only recover proper,
>> legible colors, by rebooting or by closing and restarting X. The same
>> problem occurs when connecting to an external monitor through a docking
>> station, directly to a lcd television, or directly to an overhead projector.
>>

> Hi, you can delete xorg.conf , all confs are now autodetect ,

Ok, I've reduced my xorg.conf to the following:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Card0"
    Driver      "radeonhd"
EndSection

Otherwise, the autodetect gives me the radeon driver, which doesn't work
well. I've commented out everything else. I still have the problem with
'pink screen' following resume from hibernate, corrected by restarting X
or rebooting, neither of which are convenient.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tyler