SiliconMotion Lynx3D Lockup

Gerhart, Bjoern bjoern.gerhart at wincor-nixdorf.com
Thu Nov 19 08:11:10 PST 2009

Hi,

I have a similiar problem with CentOS 5 and the latest xorg packages. I already compiled the siliconmotion v1.6 against the CentOS 5's xorg base but this doesn't help.

Do you have an uplink to the mailing list archive issue with the "kernel rom problem"? I couldn't find it with the Archive's search function. In this way I could check if it's this kernel rom problem I'm running in..

Thx & Regards
Björn

On 8/8/06, Nathan Caldwell <saintdev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm attempting to setup a dual-head box, and have run into a
> problem. My second card is a LCD that I got from EarthLCD, and it uses
> a Silicon Motion Lynx3D chipset. Whenever I try to startup X it
> completely locks my box, and I have to do a hard-reset. The only
> information I have seen in the log file is:
>
> (II) Silicon Motioninitializing int10
> (II) Attempted to read BIOS 64KB from
> /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:02:07.0/rom: got 40KB
>
> I've only gotten this once, most of the time the log file is truncated
> before it even loads the int10 module for the Silicon Motion driver.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this sounds like the kernel rom problem on secondary cards that's
currently being discussed on IRC and the xorg mailing list.

Alex