915GM partially freeze after being idle or resume

bgamari.foss bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 20:03:34 PST 2009

Excerpts from Werner LEMBERG's message of Tue Nov 17 18:22:18 -0500 2009:
> > Your symptoms exactly describe a wedged GPU. There is a very good
> > chance that a 2.6.31 kernel would fix your issue.
>
> Perhaps you've missed my report a few days ago sent to this list for
> probably the same issue but using a 945GM and a 2.6.32-rc5 kernel...

Very good chance != absolute certainty. The first step in diagnosing the
problem is to first see if it's already been solved. In your case, it
hasn't. If this is case you probably ought to send something to the
intel-gfx list and open a bug report. This is the usual channel for
tracking down Intel graphics issues.