Cross compiling xorg-7.3 - /bin/sh: ../src/util/makekeys: cannot execute binary file

john blair mailtome200420032002 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 18:03:21 PST 2009

I am trying to cross compile xorg-7.3 and am getting the following error:
../src/util/makekeys < /usr/arm-linux-gnu/include/X11/keysymdef.h > ks_tables_h
/bin/sh: ../src/util/makekeys: cannot execute binary file

http://www.x.org/wiki/CrossCompilingXorg discusses this problem and says that there is a patch for it.
"Some components need to build and run programs on the build system that generate output used in the build process. For this compnents, CC_FOR_BUILD must be set to the name of the compiler that targets the build system. The majority of these components do not correctly use CC_FOR_BUILD, but there is a patch (see below) available."

But I could not find the patch on that page. Can someone tell what patches I need to apply in order to cross-compile?

Thanks.