xorg-server with udev support instead of dbus/hal

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Mon Nov 16 17:03:27 PST 2009

Stephan Raue wrote:
> Am 16.11.2009 22:56, schrieb Paul Bender:
>>
>> I am the maintainer of MiniMyth. The patch came from this post:
>> <http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2009-September/002286.html>
>>
> thank you, is this working for you or do you have any problems with mm?

It is working for me as well as the MiniMyth user that needed Xorg input
device hotplug support in order to use his Sony PS3 BD remote.

However, there is a MiniMyth for whom Xorg is crashing that is likely
related to this udev support. It is likely that this can be dealt with
using the appropriate udev script and xorg.conf file changes. Of course,
until the cause it tracked down, I cannot be sure.