ctrl+alt+backspace stopped working with xorg-server 1.6.1.901

Audio Phile da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 01:48:03 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using Arch Linux and my xorg-server recently got upgraded to 1.6.1.901.  At the same time, the ctrl+alt+backspace to restart gdm stopped working.  I am aware that I need to have added the "DontZap" "false" option in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf to enable this key combo some times ago, but even with this modification in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, the ctrl+alt+backspace does nothing ever since the upgrade.  I posted my /etc/X11/xorg.conf below if it helps trouble shoot.

Advice is appreachiated.

----

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "DontZap" "false"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "X.org Configured"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
    ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
    FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc"
    FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
    FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
    FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"
    FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"
EndSection

Section "Module"
#    Load  "record"
#       Load  "dri2"
    Load  "dbe"
    Load  "extmod"
    Load  "type1"
    Load  "freetype"
    Load  "glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option        "Protocol" "auto"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier   "Monitor0"