Is there the possibility to support EXA for legacy S3 chips?

Evgeny M. Zubok evgeny.zubok at tochka.ru
Thu May 28 00:01:40 PDT 2009

> Looks like no dice for EXA.  Fixed pitches, no offsets... ouch.

Yes, I think the same. 'Solid' and 'Copy' is the only functionality that
would be possible with this hardware. There is no reason to waste a time
further. BTW, both 'Solid' and 'Copy' work fine only when operate on
framebuffer because fb is always viewed by EXA simultaneously as source
and destination pixmap with fixed pitch (in my case 3200 = 800 * 4
bytes) and with offset 0. But when the offscreen is invoked into
operation I am getting a garbage on screen.