Is there the possibility to support EXA for legacy S3 chips?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed May 27 16:00:37 PDT 2009

On 2009/05/27 18:34 (GMT-0400) Alex Deucher composed:

> ...the lack offscreen pixmaps would hurt performance.

I'm just an observer whose only real interest is in seeing to it that
dropping of any legacy support is not done casually. I can only wonder if
anyone using a 12 year old legacy chip has any interest in "performance"
beyond just working at all. Surely best possible performance is a worthy
goal, but does anyone running antique S3 expect anything more than adequately
functional?
--
"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man
keeps himself under control."	Proverbs 29:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/