It's useful to have a working X server if a client holds a grab when it triggers a debugger breakpoint

David Campbell david at pastornet.net.au
Mon May 25 20:55:17 PDT 2009

Daniel,

If the "kill all grabs" functionality came back as an XKB action, that
wouldn't help in this situation, would it, given that CTRL-ALT-<number>
isn't working, which would seem to indicate that a synchronous grab is
used?  If VT switching doesn't work due to a synchronous grab, then an
XKB action wouldn't either, would it?

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> VT switching only works as long as the grab is asynchronous, otherwise
> events are queued up on the device for replaying and never pass through the
> XKB paths that trigger this behaviour.
Regards,
-- Dave