Problems with KMS

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Sat May 16 07:48:08 PDT 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:15:48 +0200
Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
> i'm using Gentoo with Kernel 2.6.29 and xorg-server 1.5.3
> Yesterday I've start trying KMS.

I switched to Kernel 2.6.29.3 (with the Patch for tiled front buffers)
and Intel 2.7.1

Without KMS it works just fine. Never had this 2D and 3D performance
before.
With KMS it boots perfectly to KDM. Without flickering and stuff. But
when i start KDE the old bug

> ... When I started KDE it crashed the xserver (freezed) as
> soon as the loading screen from kde was at 100%.

appeared again. Secure mode (xterm) was in in the right resolution but i
could see any characters. (Strong display errors in the bottom half of
the screen)

- Daniel