ATI +Gnome + CompizFusion = X crash
Felipe Lotas Asta
slurpamela at hotmail.com
Sat May 16 05:32:05 PDT 2009
I've been looking for some weeks for a solution for this, and have asked
in two forums but got no solution.
ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
The problem is that Compiz is very unstable. Some weeks ago it was
working smoothly. Then came some Xorg, xf86-video-ati and Compiz updates
all of a sudden and compiz started to crash very frequently, logging me
out to GDM. Then came some more updates and thing has become better but
still is crashing. Facts:
1. Starting Gnome session with Compiz-fusion but without Fusion-icon
works for a while. Then, suddenly, X crashes and I get back to GDM.
2. If I start Gnome with Metacity everything works nice, but as soon as
I run compiz-fusion with fusion-icon it logs me out.
3. No error messages on Xorg.log.
4. I tried to run Fusion-icon from terminal redirecting the output to a
file to see if there is some error message but got no luck... no message
5. I don't know where to look at for the error, neither know how to know
if it's a bug and, in that case, if that's related to gnome, compiz,
xorg, xf86-video-ati or what... But in the compiz-fusion forum I was
told that probably is a Xorg bug.
6. If I remove the "EXA" acceleration method or change it for "XAA" then
X doesn't crash but i cannot play videos and performance is worse.
Any information needed just ask, please. Thanks for everything...
My post in the Archlinux forum:
My post in the compiz-fusion forum:
Descárgate ahora el nuevo Internet Explorer 8 y ten a tu alcance todos los servicios de Windows Live ¡Gratis!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xorg