Xorg support to import options for non-Input sections?

Wed May 13 06:54:56 PDT 2009

Harald Braumann wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:41:48 -0700
> Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at Sun.COM> wrote:
>
>> And for non-Linux systems?   HAL is OS-agnostic, udev seems very Linux
>> specific.
>>

> From http://cgit.freedesktop.org/hal/tree/NEWS:
>
> ---8<----------------------------------------------------------
> ==========
> HAL 0.5.13
> ==========
>
> Released Month 00, 2009.
>
> Requirements for HAL 0.5.13:
>
>  - Linux kernel     >= 2.6.22    (CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=n)
>  - udev             >= 125       (Linux only)
>  - util-linux-ng    >= 2.15
>
> Doesn't look too OS-agnostic to me.

You certain those aren't the requirements for "if using Linux, this
is the minimum version of these Linux components"?   I haven't checked
HAL 0.5.13, but we're using HAL & input hotplug on Solaris & OpenSolaris
successfully today.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com