[Fwd: intel driver: xorg does not give an error, but I do not see anything]

Dirk De Becker Dirk.DeBecker at dzine.be
Wed May 6 08:18:47 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am running a Gentoo system with X.Org server version 1.5.3 and
xf86-video-intel version 2.6.3-r1.
I have a board with the following Intel graphics chip on it:
 > lspci | grep Graphics
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML
Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)

If I startx, I do not get any errors (anymore), but I do not see
anything on my screen. I tried connecting a VGA display, a DVI display
and even an LVDS display.
I attached the xorg.conf file, and Xorg.0.log file
Previously, I used the iegd proprietary intel embedded driver, but that
is not working anymore since a recent gcc upgrade from version version
4.1.2 to 4.3.2-r3.

Any help is greatly appreciated, since I do not have any clue what else
I can try.
If you need any more info, please feel free to ask me.

Dirk