kernel 2.6.27 and git xorg stuff

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri May 1 07:21:56 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 09:45:23AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Greg,
>

> thanks for your answers.
>
> > We are providing recent Linux kernels for opensuse in the opensuse
> > build system, and in the FACTORY branch for opensuse.
>
> You mean I can use a Linux kernel from the `factory' branch on top of
> my 11.1 system?

You do so at your own risk :)

But yes, it is possible and should work.  As you have noted, there are
some ties between the kernel and other parts of the system, like xorg
and alsa and some init issues, so you might run into a few problems.

That being said, it's exactly what I'm personally doing at the moment,
with no problems, but your system might be different.

If you have problems, please bring them up on the opensuse-kernel
mailing list and we will be glad to help you out.

good luck,

greg k-h