Problem using libXevie

Michael Pozhidaev msp at altlinux.ru
Tue Mar 24 16:41:53 PDT 2009

Greetings!

It is my first posting to this list. I want to discuss the problem with
using libXevie. I use its release 1.0.2 and the snapshot published in
Git repository at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libXevie.

In both cases there is a problem with running test from
http://people.freedesktop.org/~ajax/xevie/xevie-test.txt.

When I run this test I get the following output:

X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (XEVIE)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  11
Delay is 0 milliseconds
major = 1, minor = 0
XevieStart(dpy) finished
(   0) KeyRelease

As I found this is a known bug, because there are corresponding reports
in bugzilla of some Linux distributions.

But, is there any cure for this problem? The primary reason I am looking
for solution, is the problem with running at-spi-registryd from the
GNOME Accessibility Project. It fails with the libXevie error
message. The developer from GNOME Accessibility Project, Willy Walker,
says he has no idea what happens.

Please, help to investigate this bug and make a solution!
--
Michael Pozhidaev. E-mail: msp at altlinux.ru.
Tomsk State University. http://www.csd.tsu.ru