Xserver 2D Performance Decrease

marc.schnabel at mbtech-group.com marc.schnabel at mbtech-group.com
Mon Mar 23 03:21:40 PDT 2009

Dear Xserver-Developers,

at first I would like to express how much I appreciate your work and it is
really great to see such active and skilled people.

But unfortunately I having a problem with the current Debian-stable
Xserver (1.4.2-10). I am using a program that relies on 2d APIs to draw
lines and circles, and the performance of this program had an huge
decrease since my change to Debian-lenny. Actually the performance
suffered a decrease from factor 2.5 when changing from Debian-etch
(Xserver 1.1.1-21etch5)  to Debian-lenny (Xserver 1.4.2-10).

Have you experienced any similar problems since the introduction of of the
new Xserver, or do you have any idea, what can done to fix this problem? I
tried a lot of options in the Xorg.conf, but nothing seems to help.
The system I am using contains a graphics card based on the Intel GMA 950.

I want to thank you for any advice in advance and wish you all the best.

Best regards

Marc Schnabel

SWE-RPV
MB-technology GmbH

mailto:marc.schnabel at mbtech-group.com
http://www.mbtech-group.com
Address: Kolumbusstrasse 2 / D-71063 Sindelfingen

MB-technology GmbH, Kolumbusstr. 19+21, 71063 Sindelfingen,
Geschäftsführung: Werner Kropsbauer (Vors.), Hartmut Tresp
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24 4792, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr.
Thomas Weber

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der
Adressat sind, sind Sie nicht zur
Verwendung dieser Informationen befugt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns
sofort über den irrtümlichen Empfang.

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.