Bug# 1382

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Mar 16 17:13:07 PDT 2009

Dennis Quelch wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've stumbled across bug 1382 in my software dealing with the out of date
> motif header files that are used to construct the xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.EL.18 &
> 52 rpm's.  These out of date headers are causing seg faults when attempting
> to use glwMDrawingAreaWidgetClass due to the size differences between the
> GL's PrimitiveP.h file and the one included with Motif2.2.  I've noticed
> this still has not been resolved.  Will a fix be added for a future release?

Xorg 6.8.2 is a very out of date release, and is years behind what we're
currently distributing (X11R7.4 is the most current release of the X Window
System).   As noted in that bug report, we can't find the files referenced in
anything X.Org or Mesa is currently distributing, so it sounds like you need
to ask your xorg-x11-* RPM provider when they will update to a newer release.
(X.Org only releases the source files - RPM's and other package formats are
 put together by others.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com