How to shift color bits in fbdev?

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Mon Mar 16 11:14:40 PDT 2009

Michel,

Problem fixed. Patching the line
*win++ = (*sha++)>>2;
in shadowUpdatePacked of shpacked.c made the trick. It was just adding
three characters!

Many thanks to Maarten and Daniel for their help though I didn't manage
to make it work with wfb. I don't know what I'm doing wrong on this
patch - The patch in the thread may be useful to somebody else perhaps.

Thanks to Michel for bringing the quick and dirty solution,

Grégoire

P.S.: Hey Michel, next time, please answer before the week-end. That
will spare me the 200 tries with xf86-video-fbdev on Saturday and Sunday
night when I'm successful at the first try with xorg-server ;-) ;-)