Problems with KMS on drm-intel-next branch

Mike Lothian mike at fireburn.co.uk
Sun Mar 15 06:23:59 PDT 2009

Hi

I've been using KMS  on Intel since it was merged with 2.6.29. In
parallel to this I've also been testing the drm-intel-next branch of
anholt's git tree

This stopped working for me about 2 weeks ago.

When the kernel normally switches to the correct resolution on
mainline the drm-intel-next kernel turns the screen black then slowly
gets brighter from the edges going through purple into white, showing
all the imperfections in the screen

I'm not sure what's happening in the background as my laptop never
gets to the point where I can SSH in.

It's a:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4
Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a42] (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a43] (rev 07)

Hope this helps in some way

Mike