radeonhd stuff, missing function now?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Mar 15 05:33:34 PDT 2009

Greetings;

Up till a week ago (approx) that script I wrote worked well to get me a much
improved speed out of my x, but recently when I do the
 'modprobe -r drm;modprobe drm' there is a function missing.

And I'm stuck with an x driver that scrolls painfully slow.

From dmesg:
[135979.940024] [drm] Module unloaded
[135990.364368] drm: Unknown symbol init_mm

I have seen that previously during the build, but it worked anyway.  Now its
dead.

Also, a couple lines in the script that I just changed so as to have a backup
copy to revert to, do not appear to be working, so here it is again, please
critique the attachment.

Thirdly, I forgot to stop x before I did the module replacement & attempted
reloads.  I take it that radeonhd is not dependent on radio or drm?  They are
unloaded and x is till working.  Me goes off scratching head...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)